Just a few days after the previous release a new one is released, with several enhancements for day-to-day use.
In my daily work it’s customary to use this plugin to aid note taking on a meeting. Action items are noted on the map, and are followed through after the meeting. The produced task lists are then mailed to the participants. I then copy all my tasks to my GTD map, to keep track of them there.
For this to work the previous clipboard management had to be reviewed, and new features had to be developed to support it.
- Copy groups of items from the action list to clipboard #23
- Select groups of items from the action list on the map #23
- Open links embedded in notes/details in system browser
- Fixed formatted clipboard items to display:
- done items with overstrike
- notes/details in color, with a smaller font
- priorities in red
- Fixed unformatted clipboard items to display properly
- Fixed note and detail views on the action list
- Added message upon successful clipboard copy
The add-on is available on the release page and on github
New version of FreeplaneGTD+ is released with some new features.
Action list sorting improved
List items are now sorted in all action lists. The first sort criteria is the priority, the second is the due date. The timeline is now arranged, so that the overdue items appear before the tasks marked with today icon, followed by the items due the current current week, then the tasks with no date, then the remaining tasks.
Action list editor
The editor pane had layout problems that are fixed for now. Done checkbox is now visible.
This will be a short lived release, as the next version is already on it’s way with multiple context and delegate support, as well as support to display notes along with the tasks.
I’ve repackaged the Freeplane GTD+ add-on, adding a couple of interesting new features.
The code was heavily refactored, with more to come.
- Added global preference to filter completed tasks
- Added Hungarian translation
- Allow to re-parse items by placing an * in the front
- Don’t allow multiple instances of decoration icons to come from shorthand
- The shorthand parsing can be redone on a node, by adding a * in the begining of the line.
- This is useful to add/update attributes when needed.
- The parsing should NOT erase the already existing attributes, but update them instead.
- Re-parse for changed task attributes for nodes with the Next action marker
- The same as above, except considering all items that have the action marker
- Added new support for converting ? to corresponding ? marker
- I like to use this marker to disambiguate questionable items from final markers. This feature can be used to precede the * in the shorthand
- Add preference to select default view
- Find it in global preferences
- Add preference to show/hide done items per default
- Multi-level projects
- Allow collecting the project hierarchy for the actions, and display them accordingly.
- eg. The done tasks in this file should be displayed for project “Previous releases/v0.9” instead of ‘v0.9’
- Close window when selecting an item from the list
For the curious the package is available under the github sources and can be downloaded from here.