Currently I’m working on a major technical upgrade, that involves the upgrade of several infrastructure components including WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Portal Server and JBoss EAP. This requires all a “fresh” installation of all the applications that reside on these components. All JEE containers currently in the system are being upgraded, so it opens a window of opportunity to get a huge overhaul of the system.
(NB. As I have to rebuild the entire application stack multiple times a day, I’ve been referenced as Lord Builder or Darth Builder by my highly esteemed colleagues)
Continue reading “Migrating from EJB2 with shared libraries to EJB3 environment”
Lately I was assigned a task which involved something that a unit test seemed to be able to solve, but later it turned out to be way more complex than that.
Continue reading “Testing mojo generated code in Maven”
For a recent project lead, we decided to create a mock-up of the application, so the prospective Customer would be able to see that we understand their needs.
As I’m not very good at interactive HTML mock-ups I decided to go with Wicket, which seemed to be useful and easy when a friend showed me. The mock-up progressed well, but upon deployment all Hell broke loose.
Continue reading “Wicket in action and confusion”