This is the third article in my 21 day blogging marathon. It is not quite as polished, as it could be.
Join the marathon by adding meaningful comments all the way!
I got myself a Mercury MW3030R router from China a couple of weeks ago. It’s a dual band router, which can actually reach speeds of 300Mbs over the 5Ghz. It was so cheap I didn’t bother looking too deep into the specifications. It turned out, the router only supports Chinese language. It also turned out, there is no option to either flash a new firmware, without doing some soldering, and firmware digging. I’m not really good with hardware, and it didn’t want to waste time which would almost certainly result in a battered, smoking bricked device.
I had to find a way to do the configuration, without having to learn Chinese first.